Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2007 Jeep Liberty 4 Wheel Drive Question...?

I just got a 2007 Jeep Liberty, no manual included, so how do I use the all wheel drive? The options are.....2 HI, 4 HI, N, 4 LO. I tried a setting, and on the dash the "part time" light came on, but I don't know which setting I was actually in... WTF?|||You use the wheel drive by pressing the steering wheel in.|||Your "part-time" light indicates that your 4-wheel drive High is engaged, however, from what you described, you have the part-time 4 wheel drive system. All that means is that you should only use the 4 wheel drive on slippery surfaces. Check out Jeep.com, there is a section called 4X4 basics, and another area for owners. It will explain how and when to use your 4 wheel drive, as well as lots of other cool Jeep stuff. When that "part-time" light is on you are in 4HI, when it is off you are in 2HI or N, 4LO is only for off roading or really bad conditions, where you will be driving at speeds less than 25 M.P.H. This has a special light on the top right side of the driver display. DO NOT TRY TO ENGAGE 4LO UNLESS YOU ARE OFF ROAD, AND CHECK JEEP.COM FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO ENGAGE. You cannot just yank the shifter back, the vehicle has to be moving 2-3 MPH, transmission in N, then you can engage 4LO. Just friendly advise, as if you do it wrong, there is lots of gear grinding noise that comes from the transfer case and transmission.





Congrats on the new jeep, they are the best, I am sure you will love it. I have a 2003 Libby, and love mine.|||Are you sure you don't have a manual?? Open the glovebox door and the manual should be in a pocket above the glovebox....I thought the same thing when I bought my 05 Liberty%26gt;|||You have "Select-Trac" Part time 4 wd. Not a full time system.


You can only use it under "Slippery driving conditions".

No comments:

Post a Comment