Tuesday, December 20, 2011

98 Tahoe LT 4 wheel Drive Question?

Hi I was Driving on the freeway and doing the Speed limit and all of sudden the truck started to vibrate real bad when I was trying to get off the freeway I heard a PoP and when I put it in park it still kept rolling so I put on the emergency break to get it to stop I looked under and saw some gears r out and the casing that enclosed them was busted but the gears look ok to me. However Do you know how much this would cost me to fix it looks like it's a 4 wheel drive casing.


Here are 3 Pic's of what it looks like http://www.geocities.com/dwfcommish/phot鈥?/a> if anyone could tell me what the part name is or how much it would it cost to repair I'm in California and Thank You.|||busted transfer case wont be cheap you'll need a new one


good luck|||Hmm driving around on paved roads with the 4WD system engaged. Your looking at some expensive repairs for that. That definitely is the transfer case. I'm not sure of an exact repair cost but I'm leaning towards at least $2,000. After that repair maybe you'll learn not to drive in 4WD on paved surfaces LOL. Anything related to 4WD is going to be expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment