Saturday, December 24, 2011

I need to order a "ECM" for a 2001 Ford Expedition, not 4-Wheel drive, with the smaller V8. Please help!?

Hello all!





The mechanic is getting a reading that one of the Cylinders is showing that one of the cylinders is not firing even though we replaced all the plugs, coil packs, changed the fuel filter, etc.





The Answers that the mechanic is getting is pointing towards the ECM so I need to find a part number and price.





Here is one of the websites I have found that mention an ECM, but I'm not sure if I am looking at the right category.





http://catalog.oehq.com/ShopByVehicle.ep鈥?/a>|||ECM is rarely problem,be very sure,for this model year it will need to match with the ignition key transponder to start the engine.If got to replace it,then:


http://www.ourecms.com/


Good luck|||ECM's are expensive and you will need to get a number off the old unit to ensure the correct one is bought. I worked at a ford dealership in the parts dept. before. I recall there needing some research. May need to get a calibration number as well. And make sure that all other testing has been done. Some places (mostly all) will not accept if returned.


Good luck|||go to a junk yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment