Tuesday, December 20, 2011

4 Wheel drive issues, 2002 F250 Superduty. Please help!?

Ok I have an 02 F250 Super Duty and I am having 4 wheel drive problems, am going to list everything that has happened so I can hopefully get help with this.


1. About 3 weeks ago I had to use the 4 wheel drive one morning and it worked fine, just as it always had before that. A couple of hours later I needed it again and it didn't lock in, unnoticed until I was stuck in the mud.


2. I lock in the hubs and turn the switch, I can hear the solenoid/acuator shifting but still have no power to the front wheels.


3. I have heard a slight grinding noise in the front left hub area a couple of times before that but it always quit before I could get pulled over to try to find the source of it.


4. I read that the vacuum pump could cause this and my heater only works on defrost, which kind of points that way but why would I still be able to hear the solenoid/acuator if this was my problem?


5. If I just unhook the vacuum and change to better quality lockin hubs how would I change from 4 hi to 4 low? Would the switch on the dash still work that part even though I have unhooked the vacuum to the front hubs?


Please help can provide any more info needed, Thanks|||If you say your heater only works on defrost, you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check all vac. lines under the hood, making sure they are connected. I have seen some vacuum reservoirs leak.|||i would convert to manual locking hubs. electric hubs suck

No comments:

Post a Comment