Friday, December 16, 2011

Convert 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive?

I have a 2000 Ford F150 and would like to make it four wheel drive. What all do I need and how much do you think it will cost me for the parts? I know I need a transfer case and a front axle, but what else?|||All of the above.|||I don't think this project is financially worthwhile...your transmission will have to be modified to accept the transfer case...you will need to change the sensors for vehicle speed and maybe others...the exhaust may be different in the 2 wheel drive than the 4...you will need a new a rear drive shaft and a front drive shaft...you will need to cut a hole in your floor for a shift lever or create an electronic system to give you 2 wheel, 4 wheel and 4 low...you will need to completely change the front suspension, wheel bearings and maybe brakes...and i have probably missed several things...Good luck if you decide to try it...you may want to sell it and buy a 4x4|||It'll cost way more than it's worth.





Go find a 4wd, the market is full of them since gas is so expensive.|||$$$$$$$$$$Money$$$$$$$$$ money,money..Just buy a 4x4..Cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment