Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can you think of any rear wheel drive 4 cyl under 5 grand?

preferably around maybe 3 grand.





I'm trying to think of a rear wheel drive car that I can get, I was thinking old bmw's from the 90's, which is almost perfect because they're cheap, and decent insurance believe it or not...i didn't believe it at first, but I looked it up. But all of them are atleast 6 cylinders, and I don't want to spend too much on fuel, so I need a 4cyl. I want rear wheel drive because i wanna have a little fun in the parking lots if it snows if you know what I'm saying ;P





Anyways, here's my criteria...





-preferably not a sports car


-rear wheel drive


-four cylinder...fuel efficient


-preferably an import... european or japanese, but preferable japanese because I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for parts if something breaks. but i'm not closed minded to domestic


-from the 90's


-under 5 grand for sure, if possible around 3 grand





if you can't think of any, I guess i'll go with my back up plan...getting a used VW diesel.





thanks!|||there are quite a few cars that will fit the bill. but here are a few that i think will get the job done....





toyota corolla - older ones are rear wheel drive. 4 cyl, and if you find one in standard you can really have fun in those snow covered lots! :)





nissan 240sx - most of them are 6 cyl but if you look you can find 4 cyl.





bmw 3 series - this one you already know. but you should be careful. if this is your 1st car they can be expensive to fix if something goes wrong.





vw scirraco - i know you've probably never heard of it but it's a great car if you can find one.





you're kind or painting yourself into a corner with the 4 cyl rear wheel thing. most rear wheel drive cars are 6 cyl or better because it takes more power to push a car than to pull it. which is why most front wheel drive cars can have smaller engines. a 6 cyl can get great gas milage just like a 4. it's a simple matter of proper tuning. good luck.|||Save your money, the price bracket is a trap because previous owners usually dump their cars when they are close to being serviced.... just drive an old $500 bomb..... it'll do the trick as long as it doesn't over heat or smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment