Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Four Wheel Drive bracket to shift from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive from inside the cab?

I have a 1996 Ford F150 xtra cab pick up. The last time I shifted into 4 wheel drive the lever inside the cab of the truck just wobbled back and fourth. Upon further examination I found that the lever is attached to a rod that hooks into the transfer case. My problem is this; there is a type of bracket with teeth or cutouts that the shifting lever from inside the cab sits in underneath the truck, that bracket broke so I am unable to shift into 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive. Where can I find another bracket for the shifting arm to sit in so that i can shift into 4wheel drive from the cab? What is this part called?





Thanks for the help|||try a junk yard.if you cant find one there you will have to go to a dealer.cant remember what its called.

No comments:

Post a Comment