Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Service Air Bag and Service 4 Wheel Drive message on 2005 Chev Silverado P.U.?

The following lights come on and stay on in the message center on the dash: Service Air Bag and


Service 4 Wheel Drive.I have heard that the air bag part of the message is a common problem related to the seat sensor. Any ideas on repairing these probs?|||I'm not sure about the airbag message but I had a 99 Silverado with the push button 4x4 and I got that sevice 4x4 message. I had a shop with a more advanced scanner than I had check it out and there was no info or codes for that system. The mechanic told me to change the push button as he had seen this problem repetitive times and that would take care of it which it did but I can't remember his explanation of the actual reason. I would suggest getting it checked out at a decent shop or dealership but that is my guess as to the cause. My exwife's 2004 Tahoe had the same thing happen and I just changed out the switch without checking it first and the problem was solved. Neither vehicle ever had a problem with the 4 wheel drive afterwards either.

No comments:

Post a Comment